Patience is a Virtue
Ever since I was young, I always daydreamed of being successful. Being successful by getting other people to clap their hands for me, having to ace any kind of situation; may it be in academics or in any various achievements in life. Growing up, I convinced myself, I was enlightened, that having lots of achievements and being capable of things is one of the best things I can do, living myself in this world.
Observing others attain their goals while I struggle to pursue mine makes me feel incredibly insecure. I'm really let down. Why am I unable to complete it on my own? As they reached for it with ease. I became aware that I was putting pressure on myself at this point. I won't deny it, but even though I knew I was putting myself in danger, I was unable to stop myself. But I'm learning how to stop myself from doing it so that I can mature and grow.
I took my mind off of the task of coming up with motivational sayings that I had come across online. This led me to discover the Japanese term "oubaitori", which means each flower blooms in its own time, and the meaning behind the idiom is that we all grow and bloom at our own pace. It acts as a reminder that everyone has their own journey through life, and we should focus on our growth, and not compare ourselves so much to others, and to celebrate your individuality and your uniqueness. Having to clap for others and waiting for my own shine to come to me. Because I know, that my "season" will arrive eventually. In the right place, at the right time, in my own right season.
Reference
Danny Mar F. (2023, October 5). Learning is Fun with Teacher Dhanz. Facebook. https://scontent-mnl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/378388975_6935418159846106_3734638255586358665_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_eui2=AeHyjP-T8Z764alA98fFTRu8bUghRs2SdoBtSCFGzZJ2gD-Nk2ZaAi4L0WxnQciCeyXVVnvzSYBDN3Pd15rbSz8p&_nc_ohc=IoXV1AwIAxkAX9t8UcD&_nc_oc=AQlW9Cc-CO7ipulYPt_dSSmx5Xh1k2MdaU80yzjSvg2PpA3vmx1Mbb5ieq-lgt5FhA0&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-mnl1-1.xx&oh=00_AfBgCBVso11JJv5nBawvf6lU_QS76066exf1ZeEhT1wT-w&oe=65456FC5
RE:ERTH (2022, March 15) Living Well Oubatori. RE:ERTH. from https://cdn.accentuate.io/556742279266/1649064735606/Oubaitori_Blog- Article_2400x1000px.jpg?v=0
Vigan City Library (2023, September 16). https://scontent.fcrk2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/378182125_290603067020131_6448377882472813071_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_eui2=AeEFG1IKmvdGB4990Va2Bx4D9uNT2p51Dtj241PannUO2MIU2Chu0Xd3MMxW8JyI20vVoaGd48_N4y9hcZf-uGpR&_nc_ohc=LtVuQvpKgE8AX_jkn8m&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent.fcrk2-1.fna&oh=00_AfASfoSd43hylgY2Ag_0lzY6qnSEfp_uzcTRWeg8gcq5oQ&oe=65449F68
Don't pressure yourself too much. Keep shining, Hessah!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great perspective on life Hessah! Keep on striving!
ReplyDeleteYou're definitely right! We grow and shine uniquely, always believe in yourself!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! We are all unique and different so we must focus on ourselves instead of comparing ourselves with others. Thank you for sharing this, continue dreaming!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to know you more, continue being happy and always be a humble individual.
ReplyDeleteyou will grow and bloom someday. claps for you!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteYou'll be successful someday! I can tell!