"When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful"
This quote captures the profound idea that in times of indifference or collective passivity, the courage and conviction of a single individual can carry significant weight. It emphasizes the transformative potential of a lone voice to break through the silence, ignite change, and inspire others to support the cause. This quotation serves as a reminder that despite insurmountable obstacles, the strength of one's voice can ultimately change and shape the course of history, advance justice, human rights, and progress.
To our honorable President, Mr. Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos Jr., I am Hessah Gem Magno Lopez who is very concerned about the future of our nation. I would want to offer this letter as a modest yet earnest expression of my thoughts, hopes, and aspiration to our nation.
As a young person growing up in the Philippines, I have had the chance to witness the beauty and promise of our nation, as well as the challenges and issues that we face. I believe that my generation has a significant stake in the future, and our voices deserve to be heard.
I would like to take this as an opportunity to express some of the concerns and hopes that are circulating inside my mind - and I strongly believe that these are felt by other Filipinos as well - especially by my fellow students.
On top of the list is Education.
Education is the key to our future, and it is essential that all students have access to quality education, regardless of their background. I hope for continued investments in our educational system, with a focus on improving schools, supporting teachers, and making higher education more affordable.
As a student who passionately focuses on academics, I sometimes struggle on holding onto the educational system that our country has. As I stand with others, I long for the betterment of the Philippines' Educational System.
Followed by Mental Health. There is an increasing worry for the mental health of young people. It is my hope that students who might be experiencing difficulties would have greater access to mental health care.
As I belong and relate to the wide population of youth who are struggling to express what we feel, I, together with the youth, desire a sincere attention towards us.
Last on the list and I am convinced that among my concerns, it is, in my point of view, the most important. The rising of Inflation definitely worry a large populace. The everyday lives of our fellow citizens, especially those with limited means, have been significantly burdened by the recent increase in the prices of basic commodities and services. As inflation erodes the purchasing power of our people, I implore the government to take decisive action to address this problem, such as maintaining price stability, fostering economic growth, and defending the welfare of all Filipinos. It is my hope that concerted efforts will be made to alleviate the challenges posed by inflation, thereby improving the lives of countless families across the nation. It is my hope that concerted efforts will be made to alleviate the challenges posed by inflation, thereby improving the lives of countless families across the nation.
I am enthusiastic about the future and the possibility of good change, and I believe that your leadership has the power to really impact things and make a significant difference. I'm excited about your ongoing efforts to tackle these crucial problems.
We, Filipinos, thank you for your service to our nation. This aims to serve as a forum for discussion, idea exchange, and encouraging others to take part in civic life.
References
Malala Yousafzai (2015). "when the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful."
Bea Cupin (2022). Marcos. Rappler. from https://www.rappler.com/tachyon/2022/11/bbm-apec-ceo-summit-11172022-001.jpeg?resize=1600%2C1066&zoom=1
Danny Mar F. (2023, October 5). Learning is Fun with Teacher Dhanz. Facebook.from https://scontent-mnl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/378388975_6935418159846106_3734638255586358665_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_eui2=AeHyjP-T8Z764alA98fFTRu8bUghRs2SdoBtSCFGzZJ2gD-Nk2ZaAi4L0WxnQciCeyXVVnvzSYBDN3Pd15rbSz8p&_nc_ohc=IoXV1AwIAxkAX9t8UcD&_nc_oc=AQlW9Cc-CO7ipulYPt_dSSmx5Xh1k2MdaU80yzjSvg2PpA3vmx1Mbb5ieq-lgt5FhA0&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-mnl1-1.xx&oh=00_AfBgCBVso11JJv5nBawvf6lU_QS76066exf1ZeEhT1wT-w&oe=65456FC5
Steph Arnaldo (2023). SOS! My loved one needs help. Rappler. from https://www.rappler.com/tachyon/2023/09/shutterstock-mental-health-help.jpg?resize=1280%2C720&zoom=1
Lance Spencer Yu (2023). Price pain. Rappler. from https://www.rappler.com/tachyon/2023/01/oil-price-increase-gasoline-station-january-30-2023-002.jpg?resize=1400%2C933&zoom=1




No comments:
Post a Comment